Beauty & Spa Therapy Diploma
Completely unique to The Beauty Institute this course will equip you with skills that you will not obtain from any other training academy.
Comprising of a number of different modules, this intensive course runs part-time over a nine month period. In this time you will be taught by our dedicated class tutors, all of which have years of experience teaching. Our tutors have worked in a vast number of different areas of the beauty industry from owning their own beauty salons, working in prestigious salons and spas, working for premium brand cosmetics like Lancome, Clarins and Smashbox and on cruise ships. It is this combined experience that makes us the leading beauty training provider in the Midlands.
- Client care and Consultation
- Skincare: cleansing, toning and moisturising
- Deep cleansing techniques: exfoliants, brush cleanse, steaming & extraction
- Face Masks: natural, clay, commercial and specialised
- Eye treatments; eyebrow shaping and tinting, eyelash tinting, strip eyelash and individual eyelash application
- Make-Up; daytime, evening, special occasion and bridal make-up looks as well as cosmetic product knowledge and colour correction
- Manicure & Pedicure; nail shaping, cuticle work, hand and arm massage, foot and leg massage, buffing, hard skin removal and painting
- Depilation; using both cool and hot wax for areas such as the legs, bikini, underarm, forearm, abdomen and facial waxing
- Client Care
- Consultation techniques
- Forming a treatment plan
- Hygiene & Sterilisation
- Massage mediums
- Classical Swedish Massage techniques
- Massage routines for the entire body
- Other complementary therapies available
Anatomy & Physiology
- The cell
- The skin and the structure of the hair
- The muscular system
- The skeletal system
- The nervous system
- The lymphatic system
- The respiratory system
- The endocrine system
- The digestive system
- The urinary system
- The reproductive system
- The history and content of Spas
- Client care and consultation
- Forming a treatment plan
- Health, safety and treatment precautions
- Exfoliation; general scrubs, salt scrubs and body brushing
- Steam and sauna
- Seaweed and sea water therapies
- Body masks and wraps; general, mud, paraffin, specialised and natural
Students of this course work towards an internationally recognised diploma, awarded by ITEC and CIBTAC.
- ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist
- CIBTAC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Services
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
- CIBTAC Level 3 Award in Body Massage
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Spa Treatments
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Spray Tan
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Express Eyelash Extensions
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in UV Gel Polish
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Hot Stone Massage
- Dermalogica Certificate in Product Knowledge & Retail Excellence
All leading toward the prestigious titles of Beauty Therapist, Holistic Massage Therapist and Spa Therapist…….everything you will be in just nine short months!
Method of Assessment
The Beauty Institute prides itself on its continuous assessment. This allows both our tutors, and our students to carefully monitor their progress throughout the course.
Students complete at the end of the course:
- Practical examinations
- Theory examinations
Students complete throughout the course:
- Case Studies / Portfolio Work
- Work Experience
Students of the Beauty & Spa Therapy course are required to complete work experience as part of their studies. There are 50 hours in total to be completed. These hours are completed outside of college hours at a time that suits you and started once you begin the course.
Students of this course are advised to attain work experience in their beauty salon / spa of choice prior to commencing the course. However please do not begin your work experience before the course as these hours cannot be counted.
Two days per week; Mondays & Tuesdays 9.30am – 4.30pm, plus four weekends in March 2017
Commencing September 11th 2017
Duration: 9 months
- Deposit: €850
- Payment plan: €1215 x 3 (September 11th 2017, November 6th and January 8th )
- Complete beauty kit
- INGLOT make-up kit (New for 2017/2018 term!)
- Uniform tunics (x2)
- Examination fees for both ITEC and CIBTAC
- Course books and training manuals
- Complementary workshops in express eyelash extensions, spray tan, UV gel polish and hot stone massage
- Dermalogica Product knowledge and Retail Excellence training
Pay the deposit for the Course.
You can pay a deposit now or if you want to pay in full you can below.
Deposit-Beauty and Spa Therapy-€850.00
Pay for the Course in Full.
You can pay now or at the course.
Beauty and Spa Therapy-€4500.00