ITEC’s comprehensive nail technology certificate is an intensive course that prepares learners to work as professionals in the industry. Students cover subjects such as manicure, pedicure, nail art and nail enhancements gels and acrylics.
The nail industry is a thriving and exciting one and perfect for those with a passion for all things nails. Successfully completing this course can see graduates working from home, setting up their own business, become a nail educator for various nail brands…..The list goes on!
Students work on one another while attending the course, and are asked not to wear any nail polish, gel polish or any form of nail enhancement to class. A model is required for the end of course examination.
This is an intensive course and time outside of class must be set aside so as to study your course material, complete course work and practice.
Students of this course need not have any previous beauty or nail qualifications as this course commences at the very basics of nail technology studies. Students must be 16 years of age or over at the time of course commencement.
Nail Technology students will cover comprehensive training and extensive practical experience in the following areas:
- The structure of the nail
- Anatomy & Physiology of the hand, arm, foot and leg
- Nail disease and disorders
- Nail shaping
- Cuticle work
- Massage; hand and arm, foot and leg using effleurage, petrissage and passive movements
- Specialised treatments; exfoliants, masks, paraffin wax and thermal mittens
- Nail painting; colour and french manicure
- Nail Art; rhinestone and gem application, foils, transfers, basic painting and dotting, marbling
- UV Gel Training using tips
- Acrylic training using forms
- Maintaining your enhancements with refills
- Safe enhancement removal
- Hygiene and sterilisation
- Health & Safety
- Client Care & Professionalism
- Time Management
- Client Consultation and communicating effectively with your clients
- Forming a treatment plan
Students of this course work towards an internationally recognised diploma, fully accredited and fully insurable.
- I.T.E.C. Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology
Method of Assessment
The Beauty Institute prides itself on its continuous assessment. This allows both our tutors, and our students to carefully monitor their progress throughout the course.
Students complete throughout the course:
- Practical examination
- Theory examinations (MCQ)
- Assignments (x2)
- Portfolio Work / Case Studies; 5 x manicure, 5 x pedicure, 6 x nail enhancements
Time: Tuesdays, 6pm – 9.30pm
Date: September 3rd 2019
Duration: 12 weeks
- Deposit: €400
- Balance paid in the following installments: €450 week one, €400 week six
- Course kit; manicure & pedicure kit, tool kit, UV Gel kit, UV Lamp, Acrylic kit etc.
- Course literature
- I.T.E.C. Examination fees
- Uniform top
Pay the deposit for the Course.
You can pay a deposit now or if you want to pay in full you can below.
Deposit-Nail Technology Certificate-€400.00
Pay for the Course in Full.
You can pay now or at the course.
Nail Technology Certificate-€1250.00