Nail Technology Diploma
6.30pm - 9.30pm
ITEC Level 3 Nail Technology Diploma
€360.00 – €1,350.00
ITEC’s comprehensive nail technology certificate is an intensive course that prepares learners to work as professionals in the industry. Students cover subjects such as manicure, pedicure, nail art and nail enhancements gels and acrylics.
The nail industry is a thriving and exciting one and perfect for those with a passion for all things nails. Successfully completing this course can see graduates working from home, setting up their own business, become a nail educator for various nail brands…..The list goes on!
Students work on one another while attending the course, and are asked not to wear any nail polish, gel polish or any form of nail enhancement to class. A model is required for the end of course examination.
This is an intensive course and time outside of class must be set aside so as to study your course material, complete course work and practice.
Students of this course need not have any previous beauty or nail qualifications as this course commences at the very basics of nail technology studies. Students must be 16 years of age or over at the time of course commencement.
Nail Technology students will cover comprehensive training and extensive practical experience in the following areas:
- The structure of the nail
- Anatomy & Physiology of the hand, arm, foot and leg
- Nail disease and disorders
- Nail shaping
- Cuticle work
- Massage; hand and arm, foot and leg using effleurage, petrissage and passive movements
- Specialised treatments; exfoliants, masks, paraffin wax and thermal mittens/booties
- Nail painting; colour and french manicure
- FREE Workshop in Nail Art; rhinestone and gem application, foils, transfers, basic painting and dotting, marbling
- FREE Workshop in Gel Polish
- Nail Enhancements; Gel and Liquid and Powder systems
- Maintaining your enhancements with refills
- Safe enhancement removal
- Hygiene and sterilisation
- Health & Safety practice in the salon
- Client Care & Communication
- Professional conduct and business awareness
- Time Management
- Forming a treatment plan
Students of this course work towards an internationally recognised diploma, fully accredited and fully insurable.
- I.T.E.C. Level 3 Nail Technology Diploma
Method of Assessment
The Beauty Institute prides itself on its continuous assessment. This allows both our tutors, and our students to carefully monitor their progress throughout the course.
Students complete throughout the course:
- Portfolio Work / Case Studies; 5 x manicure, 5 x pedicure, 4 x nail art and 6 x nail enhancements
Students complete at the end of the course:
- A practical examination consisting of manicure and nail enhancements (Two models required)
- Theory papers (MCQ) in the areas of manicure & pedicure, nail enhancements and business
Time: Tuesday Evenings, 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Date: Begins February 9th 2021 – Now Enrolling!
Duration: 18 weeks
Exams: June 2021
- Deposit: €400
- Balance paid in the following installments: €300 Class One, €400 Class Five, €400 Class Ten
- Course kit; manicure & pedicure kit, tool kit, Nail Art kit, Gel kit, LED Lamp and Acrylic kit
- Course literature
- I.T.E.C. Examination fees
- Uniform top
This course is listed by QQI on the National Framework, and is therefore eligible for TESG funding. Please contact your local office for further details.